Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Good Deed

When I picked the oven up from the shipping warehouse, the ceramic pad, door, gas line, etc. were under the oven. I wanted to get that ceramic pad out of there before the guys come to move the oven because we have to stack firebrick on top of the pad, and I don't want them waiting for me to get it done.

So today I drove to a local welding shop in Victoria, called Victoria Repair and Mfg. I walked straight into the welding shop and simply asked, "Could you lift an 800 pound pizza oven out of my truck so I can pull some boards out from under it?" The guy didn't blink when he replied, "Sure, let me get someone for you." Within minutes a nice young gentleman was driving a forklift toward me. It took him all of about 5 minutes to lift the oven while I pulled the boxes, gas line and ceramic boards from underneath. 


Once we were done I walked back into the shop and asked, "How much do I owe you?" He said, "For what?" When I replied, "For lifting my pizza oven out of the truck", he said, "Nothing. Consider it a good deed." I do my friend. Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment