Sunday, April 15, 2012

Workshop Cancelled

Around April 15, 2012 Derek sent me an email stating he had a conflict with our workshop date. I had received several interests in the class, but no strong commitments, so I decided to cancel the workshop. I was bummed, but determined to get the oven completed.

I went back to my research and came across the pre-built ovens I had found on the internet. I started making some calls and met Chad Cater from Artesian Ovens. I liked everything that Chad had to say about his ovens. Although I had this Alan Scott style oven in my head, I was easily convinced that if I wanted a brick oven for recreational purposes only, his oven would more than meet my needs. I was hooked, but felt I needed to do some more research.

Here are the ovens I considered buying:

    • Artesian Ovens. This is who I ultimately purchased my oven through. Why? The business was located in Minnesota, and I thoroughly enjoyed the fabulous customer service the owner Chad Cater gave me. And his oven was within my price range. 
    • Lorenzo's Ovens. Lorenzo himself came to my home and we discussed my project. I'm sure the ovens are great, but too high for my budget. 
    • Forno Bravo. Out of my budget range. 
    • Mugnaini Ovens. Again, out of my budget range. 

No comments:

Post a Comment